As 2014 draws to a close and I look forward to time with the family over Christmas
a time to reflect on 2014.
Now I do not as such make New Year’s resolutions but this January I made a promise
to spend more time out on the bike, and yes I kept that. But then even with a very
damp start to the year and a horrid cold August it’s been a great year to be out
and about on the bike or at other motoring events.
I have no idea what the mileage for the year has been with changing bikes and the
occasional breakdown on the Harley but I have managed 70 separate reports or events
and that’s not accounting those days I have just gone for a general ride around.
So that’s not bad I suppose it averages out at 6 reports per month so it is no wonder
I feel as though I need a few months recovery as winter starts but then have just
looked at my diary it’s not going to happen.
I would not be able to pick a highlight from the events I have attended as each has
their own merits and ambiance. But some of those I have really enjoyed are:
· Musos on Bikes, now a firm favourite in the calendar for a relaxed Saturday
· Bumbiters party, a rock and roll fuelled afternoon and nice folk too
· Goodwood Festival of speed and Revival
· Hippsville very different and very relaxed
· Foundry motorcycles ride in day
· Nordic Brotherhood even though it had an added hill!
· Huntsman show, what a great new venue
· V8 mentalists summer show, what a great new venue
· Custombike Magazine show just an amazing event
And my best surprise find of the year
Weymouth Bike night what a glorious way to spend a summers evening on a few days
Favourite bikes (which are not mine)
· Tristar 750 a great bit of engineering but the Triumph and Sunbeam that came along
were fab too.
· The KMX200 chop which was at 2 wheel mikklos and looked like a vintage.
· Ariel Ace great engineering not really my style but really clever.
And of course biggest surprise of the year all round was selling the Harley and getting
the Bonneville but I am out having fun.
As 2015 looms and already the event fliers are coming in, what are my plans?, well
apart from a few regular favourites and maybe revisiting some I haven’t been too
in years I am now looking for at least three new events to attend Twisted Iron will
be one but I wonder what else.
Please feel free to send me ideas and event
Here’s wishing all of you a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2015
Favorite photos below... More soon Im Still collating them